Friday 24 May 2013

On the road... Again.

So after many months of deliberation, conversations, and generally thinking 'What the chuff am I doing?' I have come up with a bit of a plan...

On Tuesday next week, I will leave the house bags packed, staff in hand and hitch my way back to Germany. After a bit of travelling about catching up with friends, Christians and Anarchists alike, I will reunite with my beloved tricycle and start out on another epic journey cycling from Meissen in Germany to Prague, Munich, then to the coast of Croatia, through Montenegro, Albania and finally to Skopje in Macedonia...

Why? ... Erm... I've not really got that far yet.

I'd like to say that I feel like this is part of my 'calling' or that I just know that this is what God want's me to do. Or even that I have some kind of plan or vision behind it. But to be honest all I can really say is that right now it just seems like that most... logical... thing to do. It may seem strange word to use, I guess what I mean is that it just kind of fits, with where I'm at now, with the questions I have, with things that I feel are somehow unfinished, and dreams that aren't quite realised.

Also I've got to get my bike home somehow and I have a bit of a thing against going back the way you came, so it seems... logical... to carry on.

I keep joking about meeting my sister in India in January too... But i'll see how I go after 2000k and take a rain check on that one.

So yeah the plan is to cycle from place to place making shows, running workshops, meeting friends and making new ones. Sharing life and stories, hopefully somehow being a blessing to the people I meet. And preferably staying alive!  

So that's it... Plan sorted!

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice surprise when we saw your couchsurf request...of course we will host you again...you will have so much to tell us about !!

    ReplyDelete